Thursday 7 November 2013

*** REVIEW*** Popping the Cherry by Aurelia B Rowl


Popping the Cherry by Aurelia B Rowl

You only get one first time . . .

From driving tests to relationships, Valentina Bell thinks she’s a failure, with a big fat capital F. At this rate, she’s certain she’ll be a virgin for ever. So Lena’s friends plan Operation: Popping the Cherry to help her find the perfect man first time.

Yet somehow disastrous dates with bad-boy musicians and fabulous evenings with secretly in-the-closet guys aren’t quite working out how Lena planned.

Soon Lena’s avoiding Operation: Popping the Cherry to spend time with comforting, aloof Jake, her best friend’s older brother, who doesn’t make her feel self-conscious about still clinging to her V card. But could Jake show Lena that sometimes what you’re looking for most is right by your side?

A FOREVER for the twenty-first century


I received a copy of this from the author in return for an honest review. Here goes:

At first I have to say I didn't think I was going to enjoy this story very much. I think it was the storyline of making losing your virginity an 'operation'. But actually it was really good!

I really liked the characters in the book, Lena and Jake being the main characters. Lena seemed a very sweet girl, only wanting to be like everyone else. Jake a very caring boy, who knows where he is going in life. The chemistry between the 2 has been captured perfectly with Aurelia's writing. I rooted for them from the very start, after Jake first pops into the book after Lena's bad night, where she finds herself needing rescuing. 

The other characters were a nice addition too, Gemma being Lena's best friend, and Jake's sister added a nice middle person into the equation, And Nathan too, I liked him :)

I loved this story and found it hard to put down once I'd started.

If you like sweet YA stories, then definitely give this one a go!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Nice review, Dee. The story's perhaps a little too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Kiru I would class it as a sweet YA. Good story though.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Dee, I'm so pleased you liked it after your misgivings. You're not to first to think it may not be your type of story and then gone on to enjoy it :-D

    I'm hard at work on book 2 in the series, which moves into New Adult territory and features Alice (AKA Malice) the good girl gone bad, so a very different tone to the sweet and level-headed Lena ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!