Monday 3 February 2014

Come meet Nikki Prince, and her new book Swagger :D

Good morning Nikki! :D Thanks for stopping by! Now come sit down and tell me all about this new book!!

Please tell us a little about yourself
I am a single mother of two, with a full time job whose had a passion for writing romance since the age of 12. Becoming published has been a dream of mine I’m happy to say I fullfilled.



How did you come up with the idea for your book?
I was given an image for the cover. Then the story began to form in my head of who the characters were and what they wanted from life.

When did the characters first pop into your head?
Basically when I saw the cover art I saw Roxi and I saw Cruz and their struggle.

Without giving away any spoilers, was the story always straight forward for you to write, or did it pop up any surprises along the way?
Plenty of surprises since i write by the seat of my pants without and outline.

Where do you like to write?
Any where I can. I love to write and the need to get the words written fill me everyday.

Do you read a lot?
I read as much as time will allow. I like to read shorts because it doesn’t really cut into my writing time.

Who are some of your favourite authors?
Wow I have a lot. Here are some older authors and newer authors I love: Bertrice Small, Delilah Hunt, Delilah Devlin, Louisa Bacio, Shyla Colt, Johanna Lindsey, Sara Orwig, Bertrice Small, Jessica Jayne, DC Stone, Raven McAllan, Doris O’Connor, R. Brennan, Avril Ashton and so many more. You all should check out these authors.

And last but not least, have you any words of wisdom for aspiring writers out there?
Whew....take a deep breath, don’t listen to the negative talk and follow your dreams.


Thanks so much Nikki! I've read some of the authors you listed, some of my favourites are in your list too :D

If you like the sound of Nikkis new book, please read the blurb for Swagger:


Nine years, two lives, one love.
We all have dreams. Mine were filled with college and the boy I loved, Cruz Montoya. But all that went up with smoke when he got sent to Juvenile Hall, my sister killed herself, and Dad up and left. My mother and I use that terminology loosely became a monster transferring her pains and disappointment and I became trapped.
Honorably discharged I’m back in Arlington Heights, the small town that only remembers the black sheep persona of my youth. I could list a dozen reasons for my return, but the only one that matters is Roxanne Waters. I should probably leave her be. I’m not much of a catch with PTSD and the childhood memories rattling around in my brain. Yet, I can’t walk away. There’s a darkness that surrounds the death of her sister, a secrets that’s slowly killing her. I’m going to find out everything. This is the moment of truth to see if we can make it or if I’m nine years too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!