Friday 7 December 2012

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

I actually really enjoyed this! I didn't think i would with it being a classic as I can never seem to get into 'classic' books, but I honestly enjoyed it.

I didn't realize it was as short as what it was, I thought it would have been longer.

I knew the story from seeing the movies, as a lot of people have, and found it taking me back to watching the film when I was younger.

I love the story of the 3 spirits visiting 'Old Scrooge' and showing him Christmas past, Christmas present, and Christmas future, and changing him because of what he is shown.

A wonderful story, and a great thing to read near Christmas time!

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear of another person who isn't a fan of 'classics'. I'm glad I'm not alone. :-)

    Loved A Christmas Carol though, it's one of my favorite. A few other classics that I like are Macbeth and Dr. Faustus. Besides that, not much into that genre of fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried so many classics Angelina!!

    I love To Kill A Mockingbird, not sure if this is a classic or not actually!! Not read Dr Faustus, and hated Macbeth at school!! Romeo and Juliet on the other hand is fab.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!