Wednesday 13 February 2013

A Shimmer of Silk by Raven McAllan

A Shimmer of Silk (The House on Silk Street Series) by Raven McAllan



Deborah may not know the full truth about her childhood, but she knows she needs to find her soul. During one of her performances at Silk Street, she attracts the attention of Oliver, Lord Craster. Known for his extreme tastes, he sensed a kindred soul in Deborah.

Persuading her that their needs mesh proves a challenge, even to a man of his experience. Will Oliver be the man she needs to unlock her secrets? Or will his dominance scare her too much to even try? 



 I finished this book this morning while lying in bed...wide awake... as my lovely daughter decided to wake at 6am, then go back to sleep leaving me with nothing to do!

I remember reading the first House on Silk Street book, 'Silver Silk Ties', a little while back, and really enjoying it.You can see the review of that one here:

http://lovebooksblogbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/silver-silk-ties-house-on-silk-street.html

Anyway, back to book 2.

I loved this story! Deborahs way of life at the start of the book completely had me captured, the fire eating, the fire play in front of that whole audience, I mean wow! But, it was Lord Crasters words he whispered into her ear during that performance, that really got me. I couldn't wait for her to say yes to him and start a great relationship, and a bloody hot one at that!  The scenes were amazing, and I have a fantastic picture of Oliver in my mind now ;)

Raven does well with her regency books, she knows how to get your attention, without making the story sound too 'oldy-worldy' if you know what I mean.

Well done again Ms McAllan, and I look forward to the next instalment coming (no pun intended :O)

Check out Raven, her blog and her books here

http://ravenmcallan.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!