Saturday 7 September 2013

***REVIEW*** X by Jack Croxall

X by Jack Croxall

Fifteen-year-old X thinks she is going to die. Shacked up in the cellar of an old farmhouse, she starts a journal to document her last few days. Much less than a few days if the things outside manage to get in.

I recieved this book from the author in return for an honest review.

So yesterday I told you my friend Jack Croxall has a new release called 'X'. The blurb intrigued me, so i asked him if he wanted to guest the book on my blog (see yesterdays post for that http://lovebooksblogbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/new-release-from-jack-croxall.html). He very kindly sent me a copy of the ebook too. 

I piked it up straight away. It's a very short book, only took me 15 minutes to read it. But it was good, I enjoyed it. Well, enjoyed is a strange word I suppose, what is there to enjoy about reading a young girls diary entries, her lat diary entries?! But it was well written, and I honestly wished there had been more. There was definitely  room to expand the characters (I know X is the only character, but she talks about her family too), I would have liked to have known more about them.

You don't know exactly what is going on, but you can guess it's about Zombies. A good little post apocalyptic story. Good work Jack!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!