Saturday 6 October 2012

The All American Family e series by Brook Syers

I recently found a kindle book free called 'The All American Family: Facebook Therapy. Episode 1' by Brook Syers, and thought it looked alright. Here's the blurb from Amazon:

Bob and Susan Evans are drowning in debt, addicted to Facebook, short on time, juggling four kids, too tired for sex, and getting on each other’s nerves. In other words, they’re the typical American family.
In this groundbreaking eSitcom, author Brook Syers takes you deep inside the family dynamic while keeping the laughs going at a breakneck pace. Whether it’s a grandfather attempting to buy an iPhone or a teenager failing a driver’s test, you will LOL and shout OMG as you identify with the situations and characters.

In Episode 1, Bob and Susan drag the family to an aggressive Facebook therapist. Bob promises to buy Connor a car without consulting Susan, who manages the finances. Bob’s father (Bill) shows up with a date from the nursing home and reveals some shocking family secrets.


It was free, so I thought 'what the hell, let's give I a try'. I'm so glad I did!

I downloaded Episode 2 'The $82,000 Camry' straight after and loved it. So today I purchased and read both episode 3 'Fifty Shades of Role Play' and episode 4 'The Double-Fisted Reverse Rodeo Hole' both for 77p each.

In Episode 2, Grandpa gets a day pass from the nursing home and tries to buy an iPhone. Bob attempts to sell insurance to the meanest Indian in America. A car salesman talks Bob into buying extra coverage.

In Episode 3, Bob's coworkers give him advice on sex. Susan gets into a political argument with her mother. Bob and Susan get away for the weekend to do some Twilight role playing.

In Episode 4, Bob and Susan rush home to stop the party at their house, Susan gets busted using an illegal coupon scheme, Bob talks to Carly about sex, Susan bribes Bob to come to a Twilight Rewatch Party.

I am not joking, I have not laughed out loud at a book in ages like I have with this series. I won't give too much away, but let's just say Carly driving exam is hilarious in book 1, I almost wet myself laughing at the poo incident in book 2, the role playing in book 3 seemed fun, and the parent to child sex talk in book 4 was cringe-worthy!

Ch-ch-check out Brook Syers other books and his blog right here:

http://brooksyers.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!