Saturday 8 February 2014

Come see my nterview and hear all about D.F Krieger's Panthers and Precincts!

Welcome Ms Krieger, come sit yourself down and lets have a chat!

Please tell us a little about yourself
I'm a mother of two who spends her time with way too many cats and plots in my head.

How did you come up with the idea for your book?
Let's just say my character Zeara is not the only one who can talk to animals in a unique way. That and her cat is based off a cat whom I shared my life with a few years ago.

When did the characters first pop into your head?
Once upon a time, a visiting friend who listened to my cat talk told me I should write a story about him. Magic was born. He needed a supporting cast, of course, so I threw some humans in there just to be safe.

Without giving away any spoilers, was the story always straight forward for you to write, or did it pop up any surprises along the way? 
There were quite a few surprises I didn't see coming. You'd be amazed what you discover when you force yourself to pause and look deeper than the main story line.

Where do you like to write?
I prefer on the bed so I can be surrounded by my cats. It's awkward to write at a desk with a cat draped over your arm while another tugs at your pants begging to be held and another flops on your keyboard in a passive aggressive demand for attention.

Do you read a lot?
More than you'll ever know. Mwahahaha.

Who are some of your favourite authors?
Christine Feehan, Laurell K Hamilton, C. L. Wilson, Piers Anthony, Max Ellendale, Leona Bushman, and Raven McAllan.

And last but not least, have you any words of wisdom for aspiring writers out there?
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, beta readers and crit partners are your best friend if you truly want to see yourself published. No matter how many titles you do or do not have under your belt, you are never too good for a second pair of eyes.

Thanks for having me! I truly appreciate it. D. F. Krieger

Thanks for stopping by :D

Social links:
Website: dfkrieger.com
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/D-F-Krieger/177107165643929
Faxfire Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FaxfireSeries

Buy Links:
Breathless Press: http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=13&products_id=531&zenid=0b5bb1524c39b159e630dcc39d90789b
ARe:
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-panthersandprecinctsfaxfireseriesbook1-1405502-143.html


When D. F. Krieger was banned from writing contests at her school, she immediately set it in her head that she would become a professional writer. Since then, she has thrown away her plans of world domination through books, but she still enjoys writing. Her tastes run from classy urban witches to dragons, space pirates to shape shifters. By the time she pens her final book with a hand ravaged by age, she hopes to introduce her readers to many alternate worlds, lines of thinking, and captivating characters.
You can find D. F. on the East Coast, hiding away from the real world with a gleam in her eye and a plot in her head. She resides with her husband, kids, and pets; who all kindly put up with her random bouts of laughter (over things she can't explain) and journal collecting fetish.
You can also visit her website: www.dfkrieger.com to learn about what she's writing, what she already has out, and what crazy stuff she puts on her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Love the interview. I'm always intrigued to find out how other authors are inspired.

    Kiru Kiru Taye Writes

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!