Saturday 20 July 2013

Bon Jovi Concert.... Take 2, in Glasgow!! July 3rd 2013

So a bit late I know, but on July 3rd 2013 we went to the second Bon jovi concert this year :) This time my sister came with us too. Here's how our day went.

The day before the concert (2nd), my sister stayed over, and guess what..... found out that night that she's pregnant!!! So joyous news straight away!!!

The next morning my aunt came round at 10 to watch the kids, and we left when Darren picked us up at about 10.45am.

We stopped off once on the way there, and I think it took us around 2 1/2 hours to get to Glasgow from Newcastle. The drive was fine, I think we were just so excited lol!

We parked, then went for something to eat at a nearby pub. Burger and chips, and it was really nice,. I had a bottle of Smirnoff Ice (which I've not drank since I was about 18 lol), and then a 'woo woo' cocktail!

We went straight into Hampden Park and got our place at about 4pm (after Darren had to go move the car as we didn't realise we parked in a permit only area :/), and sat on the floor for a while with a drink of pop and took some photos.
Courtesy of Darren Jobe
 This is me and my sister. Love this photo :)

Courtesy of Darren Jobe
And heres my sister in her tour top, trying to hide her face! :)

'Of Kings and Captains' were supprting Bon Jovi again, and they aren't too bad actually! But the other support band 'We Were Promised Jetpacks' were awful, I'd be very happy to never see them again!

Bon Jovi were a little late taking to the stage, about 20 minutes late I think, but when they arrived they sure arrived!!! The concert was fab, the crowd were much better than at Sunderland too.

  1. That's What the Water Made Me
  2. You Give Love a Bad Name
  3. Raise Your Hands
  4. Runaway
  5. Lost Highway
  6. Whole Lot of Leavin'
  7. It's My Life
  8. Because We Can
  9. What About Now
  10. We Got It Goin' On
  11. Keep the Faith
  12. Superman Tonight
  13. In These Arms
  14. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
  15. We Weren't Born to Follow
  16. Who Says You Can't Go Home
  17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
  18. Bad Medicine
    (with "Pretty Woman" and "Roadhouse Blues")
  19. Encore:
  20. Wanted Dead or Alive
  21. Have a Nice Day
  22. Livin' on a Prayer
     
    Note: Phil X was filling in for Richie Sambora.

    The concert was great, and as the Jon Bon walked around the Golden Circle bit we got to see him again, nowhere near as close as last time as we were just normal standing this time, but still good! The set was only on for under 2 hours, so not as long as last time, but I still enjoyed it. Check out some of the pics:
     
    Courtesty of Darren Jobe
     
    Courtesty of Darren Jobe
    Courtesty of Darren Jobe
     
    Courtesty of Darren Jobe

     Afterwards we ran down infront of the stage to get some photos of the licence plate sign:

     
    Courtesty of Darren Jobe
     The Licence Plate sign that was under the stage.

      
    Courtesty of Darren Jobe


     My other half infront of the sign, wearing his new tour top
    Me and my sister infront of the sign (getting pushed out of the way though as they were dismantling it straight away!)
     
    The drive back seemed to take ages, and we were all so tired, so the next day the kids stayed off school! 

    Hope these guys come back next year! With Richie this time though!  

2 comments:

  1. Super awesome pics! Looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we totes did! I was just so tired on the way home all I wanted to do was sleep lol!

      Delete

Please leave your thoughts! Or just say hi!

Sorry about the Capatcha! I hate it too, but too much spam lately!